Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Off Topic: Beer Gone crazy

As a guy who worked for me once said, "You drink beer because you are
thirsty, you drink alcohol to get drunk."

Lew

I agree with everyone about that beer being pointless.
If I have a great tasting beer, last thing I want to do is stop at one
gulp. And although I enjoy that nice relaxed feeling I get from the
alcohol, I drink it for the taste, mostly because I'm way over sweet
beverages in my "old age."

But if anyone's drinking beer to quench your thirst, it's a one step
forward, two steps back approach, since beer is a diuretic. There are
two kinds of thirsts, though.

It's no big deal, if your thirst is simply from wanting something to
drink with a meal, or you're just craving a cold beer. But if you're
out working and getting that cotton mouth feeling, you need to chase
that pint beer with a pint of water.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)