Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Surgeons who know how to use concrete saws!

Tony wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Tony wrote:
Peter wrote:
On 5/8/2010 11:05 AM, harry wrote:
On May 8, 4:01�pm, wrote:
harry wrote:
On May 8, 11:46 am, The Daring

wrote:
harry wrote:

Are all you Limeys violent, vitriolic smeg heads?

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Smeg?????????????????

I read that and wondered if it has to do with "smegma".

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/smegma- Hide quoted text -

I expect you're right. Never heard of it 'til now. Must be an
Americanism.

Only among those who use immature insults as a substitute for
reasoned thoughts. It is not a commonly used expression.

No, thankfully we don't hear it often. The first time I even heard
_of_ the word I was around 30+ years old. Someone was asking me
"what is the most disgusting word in the US language? Actually I've
never heard it used derogatorily, just joking and grossing people
out. I can't say how it was meant up above, hopefully in a joking way.

Look up "Red Dwarf" and smeg. I thought you guys were Brits?

TDD

I'm transplanted from Eastern PA to Appalachian Smoky Mountains in
Tennessee. Trust me, they don't speak "British" here! A quick peek and
it looks like a british comedy. Sounds much better than the definition
I pointed to!

I always take at least a side trip when I'm on the Interstate, and avoid
the Interstate when I can. Took a winding road in Kentucky years ago,
which might have been near Cumberland Lake. Hilly, winding road in the
woodsy middle-of-nowhere, and we came upon a row of weathered wood
shacks. Sign on the front of one was "Mae's Mall". Didn't stop to shop )

One of the stranger travel experiences was going south on Interstate
through Mississippi. Regular green sign for "Rest Stop", pull off into
the parking lot. The usual paved parking lot and sidewalk, but no
buildings.....a well-worn path into the woods, with a few old mattresses
and a lot of litter in the woods; didn't rest there ) Local bordello
or "official" rest stop?