Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Get rid of your ladder

dpb wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

So, what advantage would it have over a normal stepladder of the same
working height? ...

What I see would be the 360 access owing to the platform plus not
standing on rungs for long-duration tasks. Didn't notice load limit but
hands-free "climbing" to allow taking work material up w/ one would also
be handy often...

The potential disadvantage I see is the rearward tilt to maintain COG
within the base would make reach in the forward direction problematic
perhaps if needed access both directions; otherwise turn around from way
the guy in the picture is facing for a wall-access task.

And, a 14-ft "working" height will cover a lot of areas but in church
sanctuary where a small elevator prevents any lift I've tried from being
taken off the ground floor level it wouldn't reach...I've done the
ladder thingie in there tied off and it ain't for the weak of
heart...something like this that could do half-again the height would be
on my hit list in a heartbeat.

--

Have you tried the small Genie telescopic lifts? Not the self propelled
ones, but the simple manual roll around and set outrigger ones with a