Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] stratus46@yahoo.com is offline

Default Mitsubishi TV vertical hold

On May 9, 8:22*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
It turned out to be a 40-pin proprietary chip that decided to fail.
I found this out by warming up the whole board with hot air until
vertical sync stabilized. Selective application of cold spray
pinpointed the chip.

"Heh, heh, heh", he muttered smugly.

Out of curiosity, what exactly was the chip's function or funtions?

OK, you made the 2%. Semiconductor failure are far less frequent
compared to 'lytic caps. Personally I'd change all the lytics around
the chip before changing the chip. They're easier to get, cheaper,
more likely to fail and if more than 5 years old will probably need to
go anyway. You have it open....