Posted to sci.electronics.repair
lsmartino lsmartino is offline

Default SANSUI AU-D55X protection Light

On 9 mayo, 09:57, Brasto wrote:
I have a Sansui AU-D55X amplifier which when pressing POWER-ON shows a
RED Flashing light labelled Protection.
The light will flash aprox 10 times in 5 seconds before the speakers
are switched on and sound is heard.
The Amplifier performs flawlessly in all functions and outputs
selected.
I just donot know whether such a delayed start is normal or not, more
over as the original owner stated that it behaved that way since day
one....

I like the idea of ...If it ain't broken, do not fix it, I have no
Operating Instructions so I am not sure.....it could be a self test?

I remember owning an Sansui amplifier that did the same thing. At
power on the protection light turned on for 5 - 6 seconds, then it
turned off and the amplifier started to operate. It did that since
new, so thatīs the way the protection ciruit was designed to operate.
I think the user manual said the same.