Posted to rec.woodworking
FrozenNorth[_4_] FrozenNorth[_4_] is offline

Default Off Topic: Beer Gone crazy

On 5/09/10 1:59 PM, Stuart wrote:
In ,
Tim wrote:
It isn't really beer imho, since it is fortified beyond the strength
obtained by fermentation. They claim it is beer because they don't add
alcohol or distill anything but the strength is increased by freezing
out the water. That's an additional process which is not part of
traditional beer making.

But what's the point anyway?

I drink beer because I enjoy it and its a nice long drink when you're
thirsty. When the weathers nice I can sit out in the garden with a pint
and enjoy it. Then I can go back to whatever I was doing before.

A pint of that stuff and I'd either fall asleep or fall over. Either way I
wouldn't get much else done and it would certainly be dangerous to try to
do anything in the workshop.

If I want a "strong" drink, maybe in the evening before I go to bed, I'll
pour myself a wee dram of whisky - single malt of course!

Exactly, who wants a shot of beer.
They come in bottles of a certain size for a reason, to drink in one
sitting while relaxing or taking a break.
That stuff, forget it.

--
Froz...