Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitting 'Distorted' Stainless Steel Sink

Steve wrote:
I am trying to fit a new (Franke) stainless steel sink into a worktop. The
sink does not sit flat - it is bowed so there are gaps of up to 7mm at
between worktop and sink.

Various questions:

Is this typical or have I got a defective sink? I can imagine that small
gaps are common but mine seem excessive.

I can squeeze the gaps shut (with some force) by hand. So tightening the
clips would probably do a fair job; I might be able to get extra clips to
spread the load more evenly (there are plenty slots) if I contact Franke.
Any views on this?

I could try bending the sink into shape. But I guess this could well and
truly b****r it up. Or has anyone got any great tips on how to do this?

Cheers

Steve

If you want a permanent job, simply weight the thing down after using
car body filler to bed it on, or if you are a wuss, silicone.

The clips will help, but you need a more even pressure, typically.

Also you my find bits of wood strategically glued on with car body
filler will stop excessive flexure.