Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default String trimmer spool that won't keep "breaking"?

mike wrote:

On May 8, 4:55*pm, J Burns wrote:
SS is straight shaft and CS is curved shaft. *That probably determines
whether your arbor has RH or LH threads. *A replacement head would need
the matching thread direction, diameter, and pitch.

Thanks to all. My trimmer is a Straight Shaft.

Colbyt, how long does a pre-cut string typically last? I imagine I'd
need more than one per trimming, as I've typically needed more than
one "bump" per trimming.

Mine is this model-- but I suspect there is little variation between
brands;
Better Heads LLC 1101PTC PIVOTRIM Trimmer Head
[$22 shipped]
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ef=oss_product

I bought the bundle of precuts for it last May when I replaced the
third style of string head on my 6-7yo Poulan.

I usually went through 2 loads of string in a summer.

This gadget is still on the factory string & they show no sign of
wear. It works as well or better than the regular heads I've used
in the past.

Jim