Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (OT) Which flavour of Linux?

Tim Watts wrote:

Google's new Go language looks rather interesting:

http://golang.org/

Seems like syntactic fiddling about ...

Fair enough, some reasonable bits from java/javascript backported to C.

But I *like* semicolons, and I don't like being told where to put my braces.

If you're going to mess with = and := operators, wouldn't it be more
useful to clarify assignment/equality, rather than muddy the water with
combined declaration/assignment?

Channels, what are they? Co-routines disguised as arguments to functions?

When a programmer is bored by new languages, is he bored with life?