Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Searcher7 Searcher7 is offline

Default Tool Holder Question: AXA16 vs. AXA16N

I had been putting off getting an AXA16N tool holder because of the
cost. So I was really disappointed when I missed the 30% off special
MSC had on Thursday and Friday. :-(

Nevertheless, it has given me more time to think about whether I need
it or not.

Since I have a Mini lathe which is not as rigid as the larger machines
I'd have to be careful what I use it on. My understanding is that I
can use inserts that have a chip breaker groove, but the push for me
to get one of these tool holder is that it'll allow me to get the most
out of each insert.(Six sides instead of three).

So until another deal comes around I'd appreciate opinions. Is my
logic faulty?

BTW. I'm looking at two eBay auctions and was wondering if these were
worth their price.

130366196580 & 350341969285

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris