Posted to alt.home.repair
George George is offline

Default Popcorn

On 5/8/2010 7:16 PM, aemeijers wrote:
zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
(snip)
Popcorn at the movie theater? You must be one of those rich guys Obama is
always talking about.

I go to maybe 2-3 movies a year, almost always a cheap matinee. It is
not a big expense for me. I usually sneak in a bag of M&Ms or something.
If I was buying for a carload of bottomless-pit rug-rats, 2-3 times a
month, I would indeed be crying. Why does the theater industry think
VHS/DVD movies sucked up so much of their business, even with an
inferior viewing experience? It wasn't just the expensive tickets to get
in- it was the total cost of the time in the building.

You are blaming the wrong folks. If it wasn't for the concession sales
they wouldn't be able to keep the lights on. The lions share by far of
your ticket price goes to the movie studios.