Posted to alt.home.repair
Nonny Nonny is offline

Default Way OT Baling wire?

"notbob" wrote in message
On 2010-04-20, Colbyt wrote:

I'm your age and I was seeing baling wire used as teen in CA.
I'm no
baling expert, not having spent time on a farm since I was a
kid, but
I know I've never been without a roll in my tool box in over 45
yrs.
You can still get a roll in almost any automotive store. I
hadda dig
out that roll and jury-rig something as recently as a yr ago.
Don't
leave home without it!

Bailing wire is the old farmer's version of duct tape. It's
properly disposed of by placing it over a fence post, after
breaking open the bail. grin

the straw disperser. I saw a guy who walked into one when it
was whirling. It flattened him like he'd been hit by a truck. No
lasting damage, but he claimed that he never had to part his hair
again.

--
Nonny
On most days,