Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Popcorn

LSMFT wrote:
ransley wrote:
On May 8, 9:20 am, wrote:
Did you ever cook a bag of popcorn in the microwave too long? HOLY
SMOKE! I saw smoke pouring out of the microwave filling up the house
with a toxic burning smoke. That's dangerous stuff. Funny thing the
smoke alarm did NOT go off. It does go off if you burn a piece of toast
in the toaster with hardly any smoke at all. Must be a different kind of
smoke.

--
If I wasn't me I wouldn't like me either.

Its not smoke from burning, its a chemical smoke, do your lungs give
you trouble? Do a Google for Popcorn Lung, and Health Dangers of
Microwave Popcorn , I bet you just nuked your last bag of your smoky
stuff, get an air popper or a brand thats safe.

It was a gagging smoke, I couldn't not breath a bit of it, it choked me.
It also left yellow stains in the microwave that won't wash off even
with bleach. It bonded with the plastic. I have an idea this toxic
product should be banned. It was only a minute over the 2 minute normal
pop time. I'm all done with this crap. If I die, I'll sue them.

Sounds like the ersatz 'butter' they dope the micro popcorn with, to get
it all to pop quickly and minimize the unpopped kernals. You ever look
at the jug of Yellow Stuff they use in a commercial popcorn machine? It
has nothing to do with butter. Or maybe it was the stuff they coat the
inside bottom of the bag with, so it acts like the bottom of a popcorn
popper to get the kernals hot quicker.

I've given up on popcorn. It ain't worth the trouble or the expense. Dry
popcorn is like eating styrofoam, and at a movie theater, they always
salt the hell out of it. I have an air popper here somewhere- haven't
used it in twenty years. I live alone, and popcorn should be a shared
experience. And I don't keep butter- fake or real- in the house, since I
can't use it up before it goes bad, and I don't need the calories.

--
aem sends...