Posted to alt.electronics,alt.engineering.electrical
Brian Gregory [UK] Brian Gregory [UK] is offline

Default 15 AMP adaptor

"Sicilian Dragon" wrote in message
I found a 15 AMP adaptor that converts 220 V AC from mains into 12
DC current at a shop. My question is will this adaptor be able to charge a
140 AH 12 V battery? The shopkeeper doesn't know anything about it. I'm
not concerned about over charging or anything

You *MUST* be concerned about overcharging.
Overcharging can be dangerous and can damage batteries quickly.

like that just will it charge it? My understanding is that the voltage
from a charger should be slightly higher than 12 V if it is to be able to
charge a battery of 12 V??

A lot depends on the type of battery. But in general a simple power supply
is a very different beast from a battery charger and using a power supply
as-is to charge a battery will be dangerous and/or expensive.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.