Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: "Drill Baby Drill"

On Sat, 08 May 2010 11:24:57 -0400, Jack Stein
wrote the following:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Jack Stein" wrote
Corvairs, VW, Isetta's and todays smart cars (and more) are/were
death traps looking for a place to happen.

I got T-boned on the driver's door in my Corvair by a Mach truck pulling
a flatbed. I needed a Band-Aid. Sturdy thing; with I still had it.

Sturdy my ass. The Corvair was a death trap, just like the Pinto and
about every other small car of it's day.

The Corvair was one of the very first unibodies, designed to fold up
in the proper manner, absorbing the impact so it protects the
passengers.

Going after just Ford for the Pinto was a Ralph Nader witch hunt.
Your chances of surviving being rear ended by a truck in a pinto had
to be better than getting rear ended in a smart car. Hell, I think a
murder cycle stands a good chance against a smart car or an Isetta.

You've seen the Smart crash tests on You Tube right?

No, have they done something to defy the laws of physics?

No, they prove how dangerous the little roller scates are.

--
Live forever or die in the attempt.
-- Joseph Heller, Catch 22