Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Small engine repair question

Ivan Vegvary wrote:
... BTW, I have never believed in the 'old gas' theory
since my small engines have always started after a winter of sitting
idle. Best example is my 5500 watt generator. Sits for two years but
starts on the first pull even though the gas is 24 months old. (I do
let the carburetor run dry when I shut down).

Ah ... my point about sitting over winter was not "old gas", but gas
evaporating in the carb & leaving deposits. If you stored it with a dry
carb, as you say, this does not apply.

I'd still recommend cleaning the carb(s?), just based on the performance
symptoms.

Bob