Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Small engine repair question

On Sat, 8 May 2010 10:38:03 -0700
"Ivan Vegvary" wrote:

Cub Cade riding mower. 24 Hp Briggs & Stratton V-twin engine. 129 Hours, 6
years old.

SWMBO has been complaining that it doesn't have the power that it used to
and it kind of 'sputters'.

snip

Your barely broke in hour wise...

Did you open the throttle and choke all the way, air cleaner maybe off
when you did the compression test?

Are you sure it is firing on both cylinders? You should be able to
unhook one plug at a time and listen to how it sounds/acts.

If it has sat with gas in the carb over several winters, as the others
have mentioned cleaning would be a good start.

I've had good luck finding Briggs manuals online for download. Your
local library may have some repair manuals too. I buy the old ones when
the library purges them. Lots of good info in them.

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b