B a r r y B u r k e J r .

Default Proper speed for drill press?

On 28 Dec 2003 14:29:32 GMT, ntiSpam (Ksu93dlv)
wrote:

I just got my first drill press the other day as a Christmas gift. It's a
Grizzly G7944 12-speed floor model drill press. To adjust the speed, you have
to open the top and move the belts on the three pulleys, which seems like a big
pain. Is there a "standard" speed I can set it on for drilling wood? I tend to
work with softer woods, though it's not out of the question that I may drill
some oak or other harder woods from time to time.

http://www.woodmagazine.com/default.sph/wcontent_user.class?FNC=story__Acategory1_html___7 ___55___36___203

Contains a printable drill press speed chart.

Barry