Charlie Self

Default Proper speed for drill press?

ksu asks:

I just got my first drill press the other day as a Christmas gift. It's a
Grizzly G7944 12-speed floor model drill press. To adjust the speed, you have
to open the top and move the belts on the three pulleys, which seems like a
big
pain. Is there a "standard" speed I can set it on for drilling wood? I tend
work with softer woods, though it's not out of the question that I may drill
some oak or other harder woods from time to time.

Move the belts. It depends on the wood, and the type of drilling or cutting
you're doing, so changes are needed from time to time. It really isn't that
difficult.

Charlie Self

"Man is a reasoning rather than a reasonable animal."
Alexander Hamilton

http://hometown.aol.com/charliediy/m.../business.html