Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Popcorn

"notbob" wrote in message

They've discovered the chemical, diacetyl, used in the oil/butter stuff
is dangerous to one's health. Popcorn plants had to be modified to
protect workers.

There's also Perfluorooctanoic acid, which transfers to the oil when the bag
gets hot enough, and is linked to thyroid disease, birth defects, cancer
etc.

It only takes a few minutes to make a big bowl of popcorn with our hot-air
popper, and the popcorn tastes better than anything possible out of a
microwave, seasoned to our taste too rather than with enough salt to pucker
the lips. Tasty and healthy vs. tastes-like-crap and unhealthy--gee, tough
choice.