Posted to alt.home.repair
notbob notbob is offline

Default Popcorn

On 2010-05-08, LSMFT wrote:
Did you ever cook a bag of popcorn in the microwave too long? HOLY
SMOKE! I saw smoke pouring out of the microwave filling up the house
with a toxic burning smoke. That's dangerous stuff.

They've discovered the chemical, diacetyl, used in the oil/butter stuff
is dangerous to one's health. Popcorn plants had to be modified to
protect workers.

http://www.osha.gov/dts/shib/shib092107.html

Burning it in the microwave should be a crime. I've seen the stink
spread thoughout a 10,000 sq ft building in minutes after being picked
up by the ventilation system. Takes all day to get rid of.

It's bad mojo all around, but we're too lazy to give up the
convenience and go back to air poppers and popping in oil.

nb