Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Old well

LSMFT wrote:
An old well on my property is useless because they put the septic leach
field right next to it. So I thought of filling it in or capping,
burying it and planting grass over it. Which is better? They sell round
concrete lids. Either way I'm getting rid of this lawn obstacle.

Depends on the well. If it's large diameter and not very deep, they may
allow filling it with sand then capping it off. If possible you can
first break/cut/remove the upper foot or so and drop that stuff inside
then fill with sand and cap. Then you can add soil and plant grass
without making a mound. If it's sunny there, don't plan on any less
than 12" of soil to keep the grass alive.