Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Stein Jack Stein is offline

Default O/T: "Drill Baby Drill"

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Jack Stein" wrote
Corvairs, VW, Isetta's and todays smart cars (and more) are/were
death traps looking for a place to happen.

I got T-boned on the driver's door in my Corvair by a Mach truck pulling
a flatbed. I needed a Band-Aid. Sturdy thing; with I still had it.

Sturdy my ass. The Corvair was a death trap, just like the Pinto and
about every other small car of it's day.

Going after just Ford for the Pinto was a Ralph Nader witch hunt.
Your chances of surviving being rear ended by a truck in a pinto had
to be better than getting rear ended in a smart car. Hell, I think a
murder cycle stands a good chance against a smart car or an Isetta.

You've seen the Smart crash tests on You Tube right?

No, have they done something to defy the laws of physics?

--
Jack
Got Change: Now CHANGE IT BACK!