Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default USB malfunction ?

Franc Zabkar wrote in message
On Sat, 8 May 2010 09:57:29 +0100, "N_Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

The other thing I cannot find is a "reverse" VID/PID lookup source .
In this particular case the code for Event (maker) Ezbus (product) or
perhaps subclass of "digital mixer" to find a www reference to what the
Ezbus USB ident code should be.

The PID and VID should be in the INF file in the driver / firmware
updater, EzBus.inf.

[DeviceList]
%DESCRIPTION0%=DriverInstall,USB\VID_0B45&PID_0000
%DESCRIPTION1%=DriverInstall,USB\VID_0B45&PID_0001 &MI_04

DESCRIPTION0="EZbus - Needs firmware refresh"
DESCRIPTION1="EZBus Control Surface Engine"

- Franc Zabkar

I'm a late developer at this sort of stuff. I'd downloaded that Event1 stuff
but not unzipped it / run it and would not have expected that info there
anyway. I would have thought that would be in a higher/lower? level of
maker masked/loaded ROM or PROM not potentially user eraseable EEPROM . So
the problem now looks less daunting and explains why the situation can arise
of corrupted upload/ blocked reload/ dead kit.

As I type, a moulded (to be perforated) guard band to go over the 0.8mm pin
spacing 80 pin EZ-usb chip is just cooling down so I can safely probe with
scope/Thurlby DSA524/ Thurlby LA160 etc. I should say cooling down over an
80 pin HD61602 LCD driver chip as a matching plug or mould or whatever the
casting term is.
The 2 memory devices are a bit more approachable