Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default (OT) Which flavour of Linux?

On Sat, 8 May 2010 00:35:06 -0700 (PDT), NT
wrote:

big trim

Linux has its issues, so does windows.

Indeed.

Playing some video content
under recent versions of win is a nightmare,

Ok (not tried much under Vista or & I admit).

and linux is generally a
lot more stable.

For many people it could well be. Windows is equally stable here (and
does everything I want / need).

Then you've got the security problems with windows,

shrug

license restrictions & cost,

Yup. That can be an issue.

and the vast library of windows bugs is
something I dont minss.

I can't say I've noticed any but then I don't look for them (meaning
there is nothing that comes up that means stuff doesn't 'just work'
(as it should) for me). I'm not saying such doesn't exist of course.
;-)

Cheers, T i m

p.s. One biggie for me is not being able to have Agent News reader.
There is nothing even workable for me under OSX (and I've tried most
of them) and I tried Pan again under Ubuntu. Ok, it looks very
Agent-like and I got it working easy enough but when I open / switch
between locally saved / subscribed groups it seems to take an age.
Something that is instant with Agent under XP? ;-(