Posted to rec.woodworking
J. Clarke J. Clarke is offline

Default O/T: "Drill Baby Drill"

On 5/7/2010 11:11 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

"Jack Stein" wrote
Corvairs, VW, Isetta's and todays smart cars (and more) are/were death
traps looking for a place to happen.

I got T-boned on the driver's door in my Corvair by a Mach truck pulling
a flatbed. I needed a Band-Aid. Sturdy thing; with I still had it.

Going after just Ford for the Pinto was a Ralph Nader witch hunt.

Uh, Nader made his reputation going after GM for the Corvair, then
flushed it going after the Beetle.

Your
chances of surviving being rear ended by a truck in a pinto had to be
better than getting rear ended in a smart car. Hell, I think a murder
cycle stands a good chance against a smart car or an Isetta.

You've seen the Smart crash tests on You Tube right?