Posted to alt.home.repair
Congoleum Breckenridge Congoleum Breckenridge is offline

Default Battery Drain Mystery

On a very old TV, with a remote control (a motor to change the channels,
ca chunk, ca chunk). It started going on and off and changing channels
by itself. Finally I figured it out (I was about age 10). Something on
the vacuum cleaner was the cause. The wheels on the vacuum cleaner had
a high pitched squeal, and I suppose a higher pitched one we couldn't
hear, and the remote signal was an ?ultra high frequency sound. I oiled
the wheels of the vacuum and it fixed the TV.

We had a B&W TV back in the late 60's like that.
It would change channels every time the Phone rang.