Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony[_19_] Tony[_19_] is offline

Default Battery Drain Mystery

wrote:
On Fri, 07 May 2010 09:43:25 -0400, Tony

On Thu, 6 May 2010 13:31:12 -0700, "Ron P" wrote:

Good idea, My camera and digicam sees IR, that is how ive tested
remotes that were dead.
How is this done? I just now tried pointing my camera at the keyboard and
hitting some keys. I didn't see any change in the display.

You can buy an ir detector for a few dollars at any electronics parts
store. It's basically a business card with a little ir sensitive patch
in the middle that glows red when IR hits it.

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/produc...-6772-/72-6772

You can probably find it cheaper than this example. Maybe try ebay...

I bought one of those at Radio Shack 10+ years ago. Very handy. I
don't think Radio Shack sells them anymore, it was too good a product so
they stopped carrying it.

It didn't use batteries, so why sell it?

Exactly!