Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Signal conflict?

On Fri, 7 May 2010 11:22:26 +0100, "N_Cook" wrote:

My original plan was to output one signal on channel 3 and the other
on channel 4 and use the tv remote to change channels, but iirc there
was interference between ch 3 and 4, and one or both didn't come in
clearly.

Then I tried just using a splitter to TV channel 3 and making sure
only one signal was on at a time, but one of the signals was too weak
iirc to work this way.

Then I got really cheap a device that, when a video game is on, it
takes the video game for input, and when the game is off, it takes the
other input. Unfortunately, this switching seemed to depend on some
sort of DC voltatage present in video game output, that isn't present
in either the set-top box or the DVDR output. (Does that sound right?)

So the A-B switch seemed straight-forward, but now this.

What would you guys do? Thanks.

--
Posters should say what U,S. state if any they live in. Why
do so many keep their state as secret as their own name?

IANAL. That is, I am not a lawyer.

Wrong sig! Sorry.

Have you tried changing one or more of the modulator frequencies? usually a
recessed screw head near the connections, but put a sleeve over the
screwdriver before inserting .

Thanks.

I just looked on the settop box and didn't find any screw. Not on
the RF mod either, but it has a slide switch for 3 or 4.

The on-screen Settings for the set-top box only permits 3 or 4. At
least afaicr. Before I buy what UCLAN suggested, I'd better check
again. Yes, only 3 or 4. This was a fairly expensive one, Dish TV,
70 dollars (coupon plus 30 cash. It has features the others don't.)