Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default making a Bridge Rectifier from Diodes ?

In article , Omicron wrote:
I need to have a Bridge Rectifier 250V 40a ..... unfortunately there
is no such thing available as far as Google can see

Can anyone tell me what size Diodes that would work ? I am just a
hobbyiost and anything for instructions that I have found, look like
they need a College COurse to navigate.

Any suggestions or simple equation ?

thanks

A bridge only works 1/2 cycle so you would need at least 20 amp
diodes. I don't know what voltage your at but
400 volts sounds pretty good to me.

Maybe two of each, NTE5920, NTE5921
Thats when you don't want to isolate the mounting from the heatsink, otherwise
just take your pick.

Bad example as far as COST !!!
I don't have time right now to shop.

You can also add diodes in parallel to gain amperage.
I found some 40 amp 400 volt bridges, but seem hard to find stocked items.

greg