Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
toolbreaker toolbreaker is offline

Default Jet lathe motor HELP

On May 7, 2:10*pm, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Fri, 7 May 2010 10:23:22 -0700 (PDT), toolbreaker

wrote:
My 13 x 40 Jet lathe motor gave up the goast. *Turn it on and it
hums. * It is against the wall so it is hard to see the motor but I
see capacitor gue coming out of it.

it is a 2 HP 220 VAC Capacitor start induction motor. * Anyone know if
it is 1700 RPM or 3200 RPM motor?

Is it 3phase or single phase?

If you actually see capacitor goo..simply replace the capacitor. Ebay or
local shops generally have the proper one.

Gunner

--

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." *Grey Ghost

Single phase. I don't think three phase motors need a capacitor to
start.

This post has gotten out of hand, I was hopping for a quick answer so
I could buy one on the way home from work and be all set to fix it
this weekend. I see that isn't going to happen. I want to get it
going I feel vunrable without my lathe.