Posted to sci.electronics.repair
UCLAN UCLAN is offline

Default Signal conflict?

mm wrote:

What should I do about signal conflict (overload?) between two
sources, both on co-axial cable? Is there an easy way to weaken a tv
signal in a co-axial cable?

I have two inputs to my maybe 10-year old analog tv, selected with an
A-B switch, with co-ax input and output. One input A is from the
2-year-old DVDR with digiital output and an RF modulator in the other
room, and the other input B is a 1-year-old set-top box atop the set.

In the last week, when I am watching in the A setting and slide the
switch to the B setting to use the set-top box, there is an image for
a split second, and then the screen turns all blue. But when I
disconnect the A signal from the A side of the switch, the B side
works fine.

[...snip]

Two choices:

1) [Best Choice] Get a programable modulator that lets you choose any channel.

http://www.channelplus.com/product_d...?productId=224

Set it to a much higher channel. Tune directly with with your TV tuner. Use
signal combiner for A and B signals. Trash A/B switch.

2) Get a better A/B switch.

Or do it all with:

http://www.channelplus.com/product_d...?productId=170

or