Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave M[_3_] Dave M[_3_] is offline

Default making a Bridge Rectifier from Diodes ?

Omicron wrote:
I need to have a Bridge Rectifier 250V 40a ..... unfortunately there
is no such thing available as far as Google can see

Can anyone tell me what size Diodes that would work ? I am just a
hobbyiost and anything for instructions that I have found, look like
they need a College COurse to navigate.

Any suggestions or simple equation ?

thanks

I assume that you're in the USA.
Mouser has some rectifier modules that will fill your needs. Go to
www.mouser.com.and search for part number GBPC4004 or GBPC4006. The
GBPC4004 unit is rated at 400V/40A, and the GBPC4006 is rated for 600V/40A.
Either will work for your application (assuming no major physical mounting
problems).
Mouser has no minimum order, and reasonable shipping rates (for shipments in
the USA).

--
David
dgminala at mediacombb dot net