Edwin Pawlowski

Default How do I use my wood stove?

"George E. Cawthon"

I don't know about national codes, but I do know that my
father had the builder install a chimney on the outside wall
of his attached garage of his new house (at least 10 years
ago) and installed a stove according to county code. Don't
really know why it would be more dangerous than having a gas
furnace or water heater in the garage, which is standard
here, or having the wood stove in the house.

Biggest problem with a solid fueled heater is that an ember can be hot and
ignite fumes even a couple of days after the stove has cooled to the touch.

Could be the stove is installed according to NFPA 211, but in the wrong
place.
http://www.agnr.umd.edu/users/Bioreng/pdf/152.pdf

I don't have the cite for the actual NFPA code at present.

Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome