patriarch

Default Ticked off the family Christmas day....

"Rob Stokes" wrote in
s.com:

Presents all done, breakfast settling, kids (herds of them) playing
with their new loot..... I looked to my wife and said "I would have
put money on it that you picked up that apron plane from Lee Valley
this year....." The look on her face said enough and 20 seconds later
she was handing me the gift she'd forgot in the closet...complete with
the A2 blade...she with a red face.

I spent the next 1/2 hour...and a couple more times after that making
curly's out of kindling..and then teaching the kids how to do it
("Hear that Uncle Rob? Hear it go Zzzzziiiiippp!)?

Wonder how it's going to behave when I sharpen it ? Lovely tool....

Rob

I had a similar experience earlier this year. My wife had purchased one of
these delightful tools for me (it was tagged in the catalog) for my
birthday. When she signed for a package from Patrick Leach, she decided I
could wait until Father's Day. And then I had to apologize. She said I
had enough handplanes. As if that were possible...

Enjoy your new toy! Er, tool. I use mine on almost every project.

Patriarch