Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default (OT) Which flavour of Linux?

On Fri, 07 May 2010 16:10:54 +0100, David WE Roberts wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Thu, 06 May 2010 23:21:31 +0100, Tim Watts wrote:

And you get a choice of shells. Bash is the most common default, but
religious wars exists over tcsh. And for people like me, you can get a
perl shell.

We always believed that sh was for scripting, and csh for interactive
work. Which is what I still do.

Although I lean towards REXX for many scripting solutions now...

I have always considered csh the work of the devil ;-)

I couldn't do without the programmed command completion (copied, but not
equalled, now by bash).

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org