Posted to alt.home.repair
Jules Richardson Jules Richardson is offline

Default dead B+S mower engine

On Thu, 06 May 2010 03:06:48 -0500, mister_friendly wrote:
I just reread your original message. Since you have the head off, lower
the piston and pour some kerosene on it. Work it up and down by hand
and leave it sit with the kero in the cylinder for a day.

Yeah, I'll give that a go; as it's a horizontal cylinder I'll have to
pull the engine, or just stand the whole mower up on its butt :-) It
seems like a worthwhile test, though - I really don't like how loose that
piston is feeling compared to the "new" 11HP engine I got.

cheers

Jules