Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Battery Drain Mystery

On May 6, 8:38*pm, AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 06 May 2010 17:59:51 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:
AZ Nomad wrote:
On Thu, 06 May 2010 11:35:07 -0600, Tony *wrote:
Ron P wrote:
I have in my home a Microsoft wireless keyboard which uses 3 AA
batteries. It transmits to a nearby receiver which is connected to a USB
port on the computer. When the keyboard was new, the batteries would
last for 7 or 8 months. For some strange reason, I'm now changing them
monthly.

Recently, I was away for a week and the system was completely shut down.
When I returned and booted up, the keyboard was lifeless. I tested the
batteries, and they tested completely and totally drained on my meter.