Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default PVC solvent weld. Difficult to undo??

On 6 May, 18:42, Vet Tech wrote:
I feel a real numpty having got my angles slightly wrong when sticking
together several pieces of PVC 68mm pipe and connectors. These pieces
connect from the gutter and feed the rainwater in to a bespoke 5x4
inch GRP downpipe which cost quite a lot.

Question .... is it impossible to undo such connections ie does the
solvent totally fuse the two contact areas together. Does applying
heat make it easier?

VT

if done right - you made a solid piece of plastic, no second chances.

(Whilst your GRP bits might cost a bit - extra solvent weld fittings
and bits of pipe shouldn't?)

JimK