Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What?

On May 6, 2:28*am, "Ed Huntress" wrote:

.. At least, unless someone has come up with something
new. I didn't look for anything new. I realize their are fancy new
electronic controls, but I didn't think we were talking about them. (There
are motors of this type that are not in space quadrature, either, but that's
another subject.)

Now I'm finished being ****ed. We can just continue our usual arguments.
d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Look back to the original post by Iggy which is really confusing. I
am not sure if the original post is talking about a new electronic
control for existing motors or a new electronic control for motors
designed to be used with the new control.

Not being a motor designer, I am unsure if there would be some cost
advantage to a design of a two phase motor with electronic speed
control over using a three phase motor with the existing variable
speed controls. I would have to run a bunch of numbers to see what
would be the least expensive way to have variable speed.

But in every case, I think the original post was about variable speed
using a two phase motor. But with how confusing the original post is,
I could easily be wrong.

Dan