Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bosch DLX series dishwasher doesn't dry...

On May 5, 9:05*pm, gwandsh wrote:
We have had a Bosch dishwasher for several years now, and I swear it
used to dry dishes quite well. *I mean, you'd get a bit of residual
water in the dimple bottom of an overturned glass, but nothing major.

In the past few months, it has degraded to leaving large amounts of
condensation on the sides of the dishwasher and almost all the dishes
are wet.

From some research, I find that there is no "dryer" per se in the
unit. *The final water temps for this dishwasher are supposed to be
around 160F, and the heat absorbed by the dishes is supposed to make
them dry once the water is pumped out. *We haven't changed our water
heater settings in years, and I don't believe the dishwasher has an
auxiliary heater, so I can't understand why the gradual loss of drying
ability.

I know these are supposed to be energy conserving "Euro" style
appliances, but warm + moist doesn't equal sanitary in my books.

Anybody been down this path and know how I can get this unit back to
working correctly? *While I am disappointed with the drying issue, I
am not willing to accept the "land fill" solution quite yet.

Thanks in advance

You'll have to explain how the water gets to 160F if there is no
auxiliary heater. Tap water at 160F would be scalding hot.
You''ll have to open the door during the middle of the cycle and stick
a thermometer into the wash water and see if it is hot or not and then
proceed from there.