Posted to alt.home.repair
Prof Wonmug Prof Wonmug is offline

Default Need ideas for less expensive pool cover & motor replacement

On Tue, 4 May 2010 23:01:05 -0700, Melissa Andrade
wrote:

On Tue, 04 May 2010 17:42:36 -0700, Prof Wonmug wrote:

if you don't trust the cover company, find another company.

That's the really strange thing.

I don't think there is another pool-cover company!

At least that's what they told me.

And you believed them?

a) This is the company that makes the Infinity 4000 pool cover system.
http://www.poolcovers.com/infinity.html

b) This is their SOLE distributor/repairer for northern California!
http://www.poolcoversinc.com/infinity.shtml

c) Do you know of another pool company that will repair the Infinity 4000
in northern California?

Have you even looked yourself?

Actually, Pool Covers, Inc. is the company that installed our pool
cover and has maintained it for 20 years. They are not cheap, but they
seem reasonable. When we have had a problem, they have fixed it. When
something didn't exceed the warranty, they have either fixed it free
or prorated the cost of replacement. They've been in business since
1984, so that's something.