Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default [OT] Just finished my first lathe turning

"Morris Dovey" wrote in message

Next up: learning to braze with an oxy-acetylene torch...

Much like soldering. Distribute the heat where it needs go and the (fluxxed)
braze will flow nicely Don't tough the tip to the work! ; )
In my (limited) experience, the faster you get it done, within reason, the
better it will look. Incidentally, in one related experiment I did, I
noticed the heat caused the the garage floor to disintegrate. That happened
30 years ago, but I suspect garage floors haven't changed that much!
Probably you already know all this, but I enjoyed writing about it. Have
fun!

Bill

--
Morris Dovey