Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default USB and hubs was Touchpads

"Pete C." on Wed, 05 May 2010 10:36:11 -0500

starting at $0.01 (and $17.00 shipping. :-)

If USB sneakernet is fast enough for you, the 10Base-T speed would
be blazingly fast by comparison.

Anything which will work with 100BaseT will also work with
10BaseT -- just be slower.

Good Luck,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564

There is certainly no need for a hub if you are only trying to connect
two machines. A regular crossover cable will do the job just fine. A hub
won't save you from having to configure your network settings either, so
no advantage. Also these days nobody used hubs anyway since switches are
cheap. I keep a little Linksys SD205 5 port 10/100 switch on hand for
quick network setups.

Thanks for the advice. My main problem, it may turnout, is a dead
card. The OS (WinXP) sees fully functional ports and hubs, according
to device manager - but nothing works in them.

OT3H - wireless card has been suggested. May take a look at that.
-
pyotr filipivich
It's eight fifty eight. Close enough!