Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] keithw86@gmail.com is offline

Default O/T: "Drill Baby Drill"

On May 5, 10:30*am, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Wed, 05 May 2010 09:15:22 -0400, Jack Stein
wrote the following:

Max wrote:

Scenario 3: *Driller takes shortcuts to save money. *

The amount of money spent by "drillers" to minimize risk would boggle
your mind.

Doesn't install excess flow valve. *Uses a faulty safety shut-off. Uses crewmen who
speak several different languages confounding
instructions..............and safety measures.

Yeah, I can see them using a faulty shut off valve to save some money on
a multi-BILLION $ oil platform. *We are talking private business, not
government. *Only government would knowingly do something so stupid.

Please, Jack. *They're insured. *While the ruination of an oil
platform wrecks the bidness for a couple weeks, it also causes the
price of all oil they sell to go up, so they're sitting much prettier
right now than they were a few weeks ago. Prices raise quickly and
drop slowly, so by the time it returns to normal, they'll have 50x
their investment in fines and replacement platforms. No worries.

Hmm, haven't noticed the price go up significantly in the last week or
two.