Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Leon Fisk Leon Fisk is offline

Default Touchpads

On Wed, 5 May 2010 10:52:06 -0400
"Ed Huntress" wrote:

"rangerssuck" wrote in message

I still have a couple of northgates. THere's a guy out there in web
land who repairs them and sells refurbished keyboards, as well as
replacement parts. There's never been a better keyboard, IMHO.

Certainly none that I've ever tried.

Focus FK-2001, typing on one right now, nice and clicky-clunky

I found this one at a St Vincent de Paul Thrift Store for ~$2.
I have two others stashed away but they don't have an extra
key where the newer keyboards put the left side Windows Logo
key. Using Linux now anyway which really doesn't use that key
for much. Had to replace the old AT cable & connector with a PS2 one,
but that isn't a very big deal. Never tried a Northgate, but I'm sure
it would be better than any of the crap they call a keyboard
nowadays...

--
Leon Fisk
Grand Rapids MI/Zone 5b