Posted to uk.d-i-y
JimK[_2_] JimK[_2_] is offline

Default Horses and muddy field

On May 3, 6:42 pm, Kevin Poole wrote:
Muddy Horse wrote:

I've got a problem with the soil outside a stable getting eroded by the
horses.

snip

Many have suggested MoT1, but a cheaper alternative to "proper" MoT1 is
crushed brick/concrete to a similar grading. Many of the reclamation
places sell it, and round here it's about £6 / tonne plus delivery.

I've used it under a concrete slab for a garage base, and it compacted
well. MoT1 looks tidier, but if it gets wet before it's covered, the
white paste gets everywhere.

IME any "white paste" (small fines mixed with rain) will very quickly
disperse to leave a non-pasty surface.

I agree crushed concrete or maybe crushed brick (but not too soft a
brick) would be a cheaper substitute - just be aware that there can be
all sorts of crap in crushed demoliution waste - (metal bar, glass,
nails, wood) ask lots of questions and have a good look before buying
and whilst spreading.

Cheers
JimK