Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus32324 Ignoramus32324 is offline

Default Communism is alive and well in Greece

On 2010-05-05, F George McDuffee wrote:

Might be a good play at the right price, however there is

5 times annual earnings, 9-10% dividend yield, 31% return on equity,
dominant market position. The minus is 4:1 leverage, but many
utilities use leverage.

As for your representative wanting to deny bailouts because "taxpayers
are tired of bailouts", it needs to be pointed out that some taxpayers
are tired of them and some were saved by them. It would seem that
Greece is mostly a European concern at this point. However, if a
crisis of confidence is allowed to propagate too far, it may affect
the United States as well. If irrational fears result in tripling of
our debt service costs, suddenly that amount will be a reality of its
own. It is something to keep in mind.

This is a complicated matter in which I have no opinion on whetehr to
help Greece or not. My judgment regarding OTE is that it will probably
do well.