Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RangersSuck RangersSuck is offline

Default Touchpads

On May 4, 6:30*pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"Wes" wrote in message

"Ed Huntress" wrote:

A corded keyboard and mouse go in my shoulder bag with my laptop. I'd
rather
used the mouse on my knee than use a freaking touchpad. And those
keyboards
are ridiculous if you write for a living.

I would suspect you would have strong preferences in a keyboard since it
is obvious, you
can write and I know you get paid by the word.

I keep an old dead keyboard around just to remind me what a good one feels
like. *It is
one of those that go click before the key bottoms out.

Yeah. I used a Northgate Omni Key 101 for years, a writer's favorite, until
it finally died. It clicked. I miss that sucker, but I've gotten used to the
run-of-the-mill Dells, and I have a Logitech compact, but full-sized one
that I keep in my bag. They're good enough.

For surfing the Web, though, they're fine.

I hang out at a local library near work when my gun club has a meeting to
kill time
between getting out of work and meeting time. *The LT keyboard is good
enough for that
since I'm usually surfing or drawing something which is mostly mouse
driven. *For some
reason my optical mouse doesn't like their table surfaces. *Only place I
have had that
problem so far.

I have a glass-topped dining room table, and whenever I try to use the
optical mouse on it, I'm reminded that light goes right through glass. g

I've found a few surfaces that don't work with the optical. It needs some
texture or color contrast.

--
Ed Huntress

Wes
in their eyes." *Dick Anthony Heller

I still have a couple of northgates. THere's a guy out there in web
land who repairs them and sells refurbished keyboards, as well as
replacement parts. There's never been a better keyboard, IMHO.