Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house,alt.hvac

Default Is A/C capacitor supposed to look like this?

brassplyer wrote:
On May 4, 2:50 pm, "Steve" wrote:

Maybe if you were to take a crowbar to your wallet and called a *competent*,
licensed, insured, professionally trained tech??

I may end up eventually doing that, but apparently it bothers you that
I'd like to learn something about the workings of the unit and be
somewhat informed and would also like to see if I get lucky and solve
the problem with the replacement of a relatively inexpensive part or
two.

Of course another issue is, in the Yellow Pages, they don't make a
clear distinction between "Honest, fairly priced genuinely competent
tech" and "bungling, meth-addict ripoff artist".

Good for you trying to learn about the equipment that runs your
home. Here's a link to a site with a lot of information about
how your HVAC system works and repair procedures.

http://www.toad.net/~jsmeenen/

TDD